Sunday, September 25, 2011

Keeping Holy the Lord's Day

It's the Lord's day, Sunday, and in the spirit of keeping it holy (and also in the spirit of using this blog whenever possible for the glory of God, not just for telling stories and jokes, and bragging about all the various members of my well-loved family), I wanted to post this beautiful image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Through Saint Margaret Mary, who was chosen to spread devotion to His Sacred Heart, Jesus gave this promise: "I will bless those places wherein the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated." I hope that He will bless this blogsite, and help me to make it a place where the power of the internet is used for His greater glory--in a world where so often, it is used to spread evil and sin.

Here's wishing you a blessed and holy Sabbath day, and a healthy and happy week ahead. And if you wouldn't mind keeping my husband, my daughter-in-law, my two baby granddaughters, and me in your prayers over the next few days, we would really appreciate it. Tomorrow, we begin our three-day cross-country car trip, to get the little family settled back into their house in Upstate NY before Daddy returns from deployment. And please pray for my son's safe travels back home from Afghanistan, too. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment