Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Wee Bit 'o Catholic Humor

Last night, I was reading the September 25 issue of a weekly Catholic newspaper called Our Sunday Visitor at my daughter-in-law's parents' house, and I came across a cute joke that I thought I'd share. It proves two things: 1) Catholics DO have a sense of humor; and 2) jokes don't have to be off-color to be funny.

So here goes:

The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray: "Take only ONE. God is watching." Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies. A child had written a note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples!"

I love this sweet little joke. And I hope it's true that God is watching the apples, because while I'm rarely tempted to take more than one of those at a time, I can't say the same for chocolate chip cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment