Thursday, April 21, 2022

Easter Sunday Fun Day

We had the most lovely Easter; I hope you did, too!

My husband and I went to the Easter Vigil Mass, so we were free on Sunday morning to get ready for our gang to come to our house for a brunch get-together in the early afternoon. We had sons #2, #3, and #4, their wives, and the 13 children they have between them gathered under our roof (and out in our little strip of side yard), along with son #4’s in-laws and a dear family friend who went to college with two of our daughters-in-law.  So 11 adults—and 13 kids aged 7 and under!  It was the very best kind of chaos.

G-Man, 7, the oldest child of son #3 and our oldest grandson, gave a little speech he’d memorized, telling the story of Easter and it’s true meaning.  It was beautiful.


My girls and I joined forces on the food, and it was delicious and plentiful: we had quiches, bacon (6 pounds of it!), all kinds of doughnuts and pastries, pulled pork sandwiches, salads, fried chicken tenders, hash brown casserole...everyone ate their fill and was able to take home leftovers as well.

We were able to enjoy the mild, sunny, VA weather outdoors, and had we an Easter egg hunt for the little ones.


All in all, a blessed, perfect (tiring!) day.

Our youngest grandchild, #19, napping with his daddy as the festivities came to an end.  ❤️

3 comments:

  1. What a blessed Easter celebration!! I am so glad it was wonderful! One year I hope I can do quiches. We are big into dinner/lunch food and every year I think I can turn it into a brunch but alas! How wonderful and precious to have so many memories made in one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Madeline, from one lover of Easter celebrations to another! ❤️

      There have been so many blessings, so many memories made, here in VA. It was such a good move for us!

      Delete