Sunday, April 10, 2022

Another Pearl Has Been Added to Our Ever-Growing String!

[Cough.  Sniff.  ACHOO!!]

Just dusting off the old blog, and, um...I'm allergic to dust, so...

I know.  Not funny.  So moving on now--to tell you our latest Pearl news.  And I'm pretty late in making this announcement, because I don't know why, but finding time to blog has become problematic for me lately.  But this is very exciting--although no longer breaking--news: we have another grandbaby, a sweet little fella who was born in the wee hours of the morning on March 29.  He has a super cool name, but I've yet to figure out what I'm going to call him here at String of Pearls.  

This precious little boy is the fifth-born child of son #3 and his wife Preciosa, who have another son (7) and three daughters (6, 4, and 2).  He is the 19th grandchild for his overly blessed Papa and Grammy, and the tally stands now at 10 girls and 9 boys.  I think someone needs to make it an even 20, but no pressure, guys!

A very cute boy.  And his very cute baby boy.



It's funny, I used to joke with our boys, way back when they weren't even dating yet, that I hoped I'd have 25 grandchildren one day.  My husband's parents had 32, but they also had eight kids to our five, so I thought that might be a bit ambitious.  But wow, my dreams are coming true, I'll tell you.  I know that there are countless mistakes my husband and I must have made along the way, and a myriad of ways we could have done better (thanks, Blessed Mother, for filling in the gaps for us); but the fact that all of our boys appear to want to have lots of children makes me feel like they must have had happy childhoods, and that they share the same deep love of family life that their dad and I have always had.  God is so good, all the time.

Here's a picture of our middle son's family, with their new little addition front and center.  It's guaranteed to make you smile.

Aren't they adorable?

Happy Palm Sunday, dear readers.  Have a blessed week!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a cute little blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Madeline! He is a very sweet baby—seems to have a very easygoing temperament. He gets passed around from sibling to sibling and settles in without a peep. And his little face reminds me of his daddy’s. ❤️

      Delete
  2. Awwww congrats! And I love Dad's shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha--I thought you'd appreciate the shirt! Brady will always be the GOAT! Our boys have always been Patriots fans, after growing up in NH; but now they root for the Buccaneers, too, of course!

      Delete
  3. Awww so sweet! I hope I will get to see him and all your other kids and grandkids lots this summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! He's an adorable addition to your family of Pearls.

    ReplyDelete