Saturday, March 16, 2024

St. Patty’s Party Prep

Tomorrow afternoon, our VA gang (sons #2, 3, and 4, their wives, and their combined 14 kids, plus a good friend of two of our daughters-in-law) are coming to our house for a St. Patty's Day celebration.  We have lots of Irish-themed decor that stays up all year; but I've added a few touches.

Bottom right: pictures of our youngest son at the Cliffs of Moher.


Two small trees stay up in our family room all year and get decorated
according to the season/holiday.

The Irish gnome was an impulse buy, but I don't regret it!


Our youngest son as St. Patrick (All Saints Day parade, 2nd grade). 

We’re going to have green punch (that can be spiked or kid-friendly) and other fun beverages, corned beef and cabbage, pork chops and gravy, mashed potatoes, and an assortment of chips and dips and fruits and veggies.  For the kids, there will be Domino’s pizzas, because they may or may not be interested in the Irish fare.  I’ve made shamrock-shaped sugar cookies and caramel brownies with green sprinkles for dessert, and also Catholic writer Emily Stimpson Chapman’s Bailey’s Irish cream cake. (Yum!)  I’ve got party hats and beads and other favors ready to pass out.  I think I’m ready!

That accent wall in our kitchen was painted this colon by the former owners,
and I love it!  (The shade is literally called “Emerald Isle.”)

Our Aldi's has these every March, and they are magically delicious.



If we can get the kids to dress up in the silly headgear and beads and shamrock glasses and stick-on green mustaches and “tattoos,” I’m hoping I’ll be able to post some cute pictures of them next week.

Until next time--

May God in His wisdom and infinite love,
Look down on you always from Heaven above.
May He send you good fortune, contentment and peace,
And may all your blessings forever increase.


Slainte, dear readers!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! What a fun Grammy you are! I am sure the party was a hit for everyone who came. I am so impressed you invited a friend of the family over too, what's a few more kids at that point right? I hope your St. Patrick's Day filled your cup my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You definitely have more energy than me! 🍀💖🍀

    ReplyDelete