Monday, December 25, 2023

43 Years

On this date in 1980,  I made the best decision of my life and married the man who’d become my forever boyfriend when we were both only 15.  We were 22 on our wedding day, which seems incredibly young to me now that all of our children are 30 and older.


In the months preceding our big day, someone told me that having a Christmas wedding was unfair to our families and guests, that it would add stress to and take away joy from their holiday season. 

I hope that wasn’t true (and why would anyone say that to a bride-to-be?!  😳).  But as far as I’m concerned, I can’t think of a more beautiful time of year to get married.

Happy Anniversary, [insert private term of endearment here].  I love you more today than I did in 1980…and that’s saying a lot!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary! I am certain you did. (And yes, I agree, who would say that to a bride-to-be? If it was stressful, people can RSVP no with their best wishes and let that be that.)

    ReplyDelete