Sunday, June 28, 2015

Erin's Ring Receives Two Catholic Press Association Awards!

My publisher, Cheryl Dickow at Bezalel Books, emailed me yesterday with some exciting news:  Erin's Ring received two awards from the Catholic Press Association at their recent annual gathering in Buffalo, NY.




***************

B09b: CHILDREN'S BOOKS AND BOOKS FOR TEENS: Books for Teens & Young Adults

First Place

Chastity Is for Lovers by Arleen Spenceley, Ave Maria Press

Second Place

Erin's Ring by Laura H. Pearl, Bezalel Books

Third Place

Real Life Faith: Bible Companions for Catholic Teens by Mary Elizabeth Sperry, Liguori Publications
 

B28: CATHOLIC NOVELS

First Place

Master of Ceremonies by Donald Cozzens, ACTA Publications

Second Place

The Oblate's Confession by William Peak, Secant Publishing

Third Place

Erin's Ring by Laura H. Pearl, Bezalel Books

 
***************

 


I suppose I didn't need to add the highlighting.  I guess I'm just. so. excited!

Now it is my job to figure out how to get the word out about these awards, which will hopefully make Erin's Ring more attractive to prospective readers, booksellers, schools, and parishes.  If you're reading this and you have any advice to offer or know of any people I should contact, please email me.  I'd love any help you can give me!

God bless you, dear readers!

(Also, if you'd like to see a complete list of the 2015 Book Award winners, here's the CPA site.)

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Having read Erin's Ring I can say that the award was much deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Laura. So proud of you. Love, Bitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!

    Just tweeted and shared on FB; let me know if there is anything else I can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, thank you.

      I'm a "behind the scenes" kind of worker, so promotion is not my strong suit. I really appreciate the help. :)

      Delete
  4. So wonderful! And you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can always count on having you in my cheering section! I just hope it will help to get the book into the hands of more young readers.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations Laura! I'm so pleased for you, but not at all surprised. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tiffany!

      And thanks for the suggestion--I contacted Allison Gingras. :)

      Delete
  6. Yay, this is great, Laura!!! Congratulations to you and Cheryl!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for everything, Nancy--for your support both before and after publication. :)

      Delete
    2. It was an honor, Laura. It truly is a beautiful novel! :-)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete