Friday, July 11, 2014

Seeing the hand of God...

...everywhere I look.

Is it any wonder that I've been having trouble keeping up with this blog, when I'm surrounded by such breathtakingly beautiful scenery as this?  Talk about a distraction!
Sunset--July 10, 2014 (This is just an iPhone photo, not retouched in any way!)
Looking at this utterly otherworldly splendor, how can anyone doubt our Creator's existence?

This is the view from the back yard of my husband's childhood home, which he and his seven siblings have decided to keep until the last one of them has passed on from this world.  (They won't give up Heaven on earth for anything less than Heaven itself!)  None of them can conceive of parting with such a one-of-a-kind piece of real estate, and who can blame them?  My husband and I feel lucky that we live less than five hours away by car, so that we can come here and soak it all in on a somewhat regular basis.

[Sigh]...within a couple of days (after a weekend trip to attend the wedding of my older brother's only daughter this Saturday), we'll be back home.  And I'll try to get out of vacation mode and get back to business.  In the meantime, I hope your summer has given you many glimpses of God's loving and powerful hand in this glorious earthly home of ours.


15 comments:

  1. Mom, there's a fun trendy saying for showing your picture is just an iphone pic and not retouched in any way. #nofilter

    I know you like to be up to date with the latest facebook/instagram sayings. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for helping to keep me up-to-date! I've seen #nofilter before, but had no idea what it meant! :) XO

      Delete
    2. And I love you, too! (Forgot to add that!)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Looking forward to seeing you at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy all that beauty! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in here, Beth. We had such a wonderful time up there--where my husband and I grew up is truly "God's country."

      Delete
  4. oh. my. gosh. That is an amazing photo. The Colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! We did a lot of hanging out by the lake, and the colors of the water and sky were ever-changing. It's just so beautiful.

      Delete
  5. I think it awesome that they kept it, a place to come 'home to' to gather together in. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are just so lucky to have it. When our youngest son graduates from college next spring and goes off to make his way in the world, we plan to spend more time up there than ever.

      Delete
  6. Aww realised Katie is one of your girls:) I think it beautiful they call you Mom!:):) (Hi Katie) I so want to have d-i-l's like you and be a loving m-i-l like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the sweetest girls. I had to wait a while to get them, but it was worth it. :)

      Delete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! When we see a sunset like that, my husband always observes, "God can paint!" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I'm using that saying from now on (I hope your husband doesn't mind!).

      Delete