Saturday, May 17, 2014

Regina Magazine Review of Finding Grace

I was thrilled to see a review of Finding Grace in the most recent issue of Regina, an up-and-coming on-line Catholic magazine.  (And this issue was all about Ireland--which of course ties in beautifully with the extremely Irish-Catholic family at the heart of my novel!)

The review was written by Dan Flaherty, a Red Sox-loving, 40-something American male--proof of the fact that Finding Grace isn't just for teenaged girls!  Dan is actually the CatholicMatch.com writer who did articles about two of my sons who met their wives on Catholic Match.  He became Facebook friends with them, which then led to him finding out about my book, and the rest, as they say, is...well, it might not really be history--that sounds a bit grand--but how about serendipity?  I will always be so grateful to him for taking the time to read and review it.  As any Catholic author knows, getting the word out can be difficult, and we can use all the help we can get.

You can read Regina on your computer, flipping the "pages" just as you would a hard copy.  Here's what the review looks like on page 12 of the Ireland issue:
That might be a little hard to read, so if you're interested, here's a link to the article:
http://reginamag.com/catholic-book-review-finding-grace/

God is so very, very good to me.  I think I'm going to celebrate this fabulous review by going to see "Million Dollar Arm" with my hubby.

And as we say to our son who shares your name, Dan: you're the man!

P.S. Dan has written a novel about Irish-Americans, too.  It's called Fulcrum, and it looks fantastic!  Check it out!


3 comments:

  1. How wonderful!

    I also want to tell you I am awarding you a Catholic Writer’s Award. You are in the second batch of recipients. You can read about it here, at the Breadbox Letters: http://thebreadboxletters.blogspot.com/2014/05/catholic-writers-award-fresh-out-of-box.html
    God be praised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy, thank you. I am sincerely touched! I haven't been doing much blog reading or writing this weekend, but tomorrow morning I'm going to check this out and think of some lovely blogs to pass this award on to as well. :)

      Delete