Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

The most important person on earth is a mother.

She cannot claim the honor of having built Notre Dame Cathedral.

She need not.


She has built something more

magnificent than any cathedral –

a dwelling for an immortal soul,

the tiny perfection of her baby’s body…


The angels have not been blessed with such a grace.

They cannot share in God’s creative miracle to

bring new saints to Heaven. Only a human mother can.

Mothers are closer to God the Creator than any other creature;

God joins forces with mothers in performing this act of creation…


What on God’s good earth is more glorious than this; to be a mother?

~ Cardinal Mindszenty



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Laura. :) Happiest of Mother's Days to you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Rosie, I was so tickled to see you at Mass today. To me, you're like a Catholic blogging rock star!

      It's funny, because when we first pulled up to the church, I was talking to our son and his new fiancée about how long it took me to get up the courage to wear a veil--and then I saw you and Cecilia (didn't know it was you yet) walking toward the church wearing veils, and I was so happy I wasn't going to be the only one wearing one. It wasn't until I saw you go up to communion that I realized who you were.

      I probably shouldn't have bothered you while we were still in the church--but I just got very excited to see you in person, after reading your blog for so long.

      I hope you had a great Mother's Day, too! :)

      Delete