Friday, June 22, 2012

Cuteness Squared

No time to blog today.  Papa and I are too busy.  Our daughter-in-law is en route to the Midwest to attend a cousin's wedding, our son is at work, and their twin girls are taking their morning nap.  I should be napping myself right now, seeing as how I stayed up until almost midnight on Wednesday night and then got up at 2:00 a.m. on Thursday to get ready to head to the airport with my husband.  We arrived here in AL yesterday afternoon, and we did get a fairly decent night's sleep last night.  But I still feel like I'm running on empty...and believe me, you need to have a full tank to keep up with two very active, very mobile, (and very adorable) one-year-olds.

So I'm going to try to get some rest while the babies are sleeping, but I thought first I'd share a picture I took last night, of Papa giving their chubby little bellies noisy "ferberts" and making them laugh.  (Most people call them "raspberries," but we call them "ferberts."  Not really sure why.)

Anyhoo, look at our beautiful granddaughters!   Aren't they totes adorbs and totes presh, as the Facebook generation would say?  They are cuteness squared.  They don't always look the same, even though they are indeed identical twins.  But here, I think it's hard to tell them apart.

Uh oh...I'm already hearing some peeps on the monitor, so I think I may have missed the opportunity to catch a few winks.  But I can always try again during their afternoon nap!  

P. S. And as long as we're speaking of twins, today is my husband's twin's birthday.  Actually, she's his Irish twin, which means they were born less than a year apart--in their case, three days shy of a year.  They've been the same age since the 19th, but today, my sister-in-law pulls ahead again.  Happy Birthday, T!  Hope it's a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment