Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Little Trip Down Memory Lane

It's 2:30 in the morning, and I'm wide awake; so I thought I'd blog now, because I think I'm going to be sleeping at my usual blogging hour! I hope so, anyway.

Above is a picture from 1986 that I doctored up as a birthday gift for my husband. (I thought I was so clever!) I'm feeling nostalgic here in my big empty nest, so I thought I'd take a little trip down memory lane--and while I was at it I decided to share this picture, because unless you have a heart of stone, it's just about guaranteed to make you smile.

It's hard to believe that my three oldest sons ever looked like this! The sweet "big boy" who's two-and-a-half and holding his baby brother is now an Army helicopter pilot, serving in Afghanistan, married and the father of twin baby girls. The cute little 15-month-old monkey on the left has just started teaching Algebra I and Algebra II at a high school not far from us, and he's also the offensive coordinator for the freshman football team. The wee newborn baby in the middle is 25 now, working as a defense contractor and serving in the Army Reserves. They're not babies anymore; I blinked and they grew up.

I wouldn't go back to the days when my boys looked like this (and all three of them were in diapers at once, albeit only for a short time), because I would miss the men they've become too much. But they were so darn cute, and I do love to look at old pictures of them. And I think this picture is a real hum-dinger.

No comments:

Post a Comment