Tuesday, August 2, 2011

"Inspirational Artwork Week," Day 2

To me, some of the most inspiring pieces of artwork are those depicting the Madonna and Child, the Blessed Virgin Mary and Her infant Son, Jesus. I was looking through a collection of such images--and this has obviously been a favorite subject of artists throughout the centuries, because there are a lot of them out there--trying to find one to post today. I had a hard time choosing just one--they were all so beautiful! I finally narrowed it down to these two paintings; so today, you're getting a bonus, a two-for-one.


My twin granddaughters turn two months old today. (When they were born, they came two-for-one, too!) Within the past week or so, they have begun to smile, which is so exciting. I can hardly wait to see their little cherub faces and hold them in my arms again!

There is nothing quite like the look of love on a mother's face as she holds her precious baby. I think it's just about impossible to look at these paintings of the most loving of all Mothers and not be filled with peace and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment