Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mom's Valuable Player 2 (The Sequel)

This is my youngest son at his lacrosse game yesterday. By the way, his team won 8-4 (and he got an assist--which is no big deal for the short sticks, but a pretty big deal for a defenseman).

My fourth son was already in college before this son even started high school, so throughout his high school playing days, he hasn't had to share Mom's Valuable Player status with anyone else. When the others were in high school, I sometimes had 2 or 3 MVP's out on the field at one time; but for the past 4 years, it's been all about my baby.

I love taking pictures at football and lacrosse games. Everything happens so fast, though, that I often miss the big moments. When by some miracle I do manage to get a decent picture, it's very satisfying. I like this shot. If you click on it to enlarge it, you can clearly see the expression on my son's face. (In the top lefthand corner of the picture, you can also see my husband, the team's defense coach, in his signature black Chuck Taylors with the laces untied.)

In a month, this son graduates from high school and the era of watching our kids play sports will come to an end for my husband and me. That makes me a little misty-eyed. After all, that has been a huge part of our life for many years. Ah well, your kids have to grow up and move on; there's no stopping it. But for the rest of this lacrosse season, I'm going to snap away and get as many pictures as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment