Thursday, January 31, 2013

A "Two Thumbs Up" Review for my Book!

Just a quick post from NYC, while I'm waiting to board a 7:25 p.m. flight to Barcelona (with my airline pilot husband in the captain's seat up front, and me happily ensconced in business class--or at least I better be!).

I was thrilled to see a positive review for my novel Finding Grace on Lisa Hendey's CatholicMom.com today.  If you're interested in checking it out, just click on this link.  I sent a copy of the book to reviewer Victoria Gisondi several months ago, and I was just tickled pink when I read what she thought of it.  Ever since it was published, some days I just want to crawl in a hole and hide (I can't explain why, exactly; I think it's because I've put myself "out there," and realize I have to develop a thick skin as far as facing criticism of my little book); other days I'm on a cloud.  Today, I'm on a cloud!

And in a couple of hours, I'll be on a whole bunch of them.  ;)  Because hey, you know what?  I think I'll celebrate this positive review with a little trip to...oh, I don't know--Barcelona, maybe?  (Ha ha!)

Hopefully the flight over the ocean tonight won't be as bumpy a ride as the one from Boston to NYC today--yikes, it was a bit nerve-wracking!  Luckily, I could keep getting reassured by my husband that everything was fine and I had nothing to worry about!

1 comment: