Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Special Anniversary

I meant to blog yesterday, because it was a very special and important date: it was the 31st anniversary of the day my husband and I became one in the Sacrament of Matrimony. But I never even plugged in my computer. It was just too busy up here at the Pearl clan's lakeside homestead, where five out of the eight siblings in my husband's family gathered with most of their children to celebrate together. There was too much baby-holding to do, and too much catching up with nieces, nephews, and in-laws--not to mention basking in the joy of having all of our children with us: our five boys, our daughter-in-law, and our twin baby granddaugthers, the real stars of the show this Christmas. (They're the most beautiful babies you've ever seen in your life, as I may have told you; and if you don't believe me, check out the photo below).

My husband and I didn't celebrate our wedding anniversary by going out for a fancy dinner or taking a cruise or showering each other with lavish gifts, but we did something much better: we hung out with all of our most favorite people in the world! (Actually, I was lavished with gifts, although--unfairly--my hubby was not. My husband went overboard on my combination Christmas/anniversary presents; but the iPhone he got me will make it so that I can "face time" with him when he's on trips and with our far-flung kids, and the Nikon camera is for taking even better pictures of the fam. So I shouldn't feel guilty that all he got is a new pair of black low-cut Chuck Taylors, his signature style of shoe--because he'll enjoy the fruits of my new gadgets as much as I will. Sounds fair, doesn't it?)

My best friend, my boyfriend, my favorite person in the world and I have now been married for 31 years, and here is a picture that tells the story of our blessed life. This family we've created is our greatest accomplishment and our greatest joy! I wouldn't trade it for all the riches in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment