Friday, May 13, 2011

The Message of Fatima

I was so disappointed this morning that eBlogger was on the fritz, because this, to me, was such an important date on which to post something: the anniversary of Mary's first apparition at Fatima. Of course, I have been able to set up this blog and publish a post on it every day for free, so I guess I really shouldn't complain about the interruption in service! It was strange not starting out my day by writing a post while enjoying my morning coffee (a routine I have come to really enjoy), but I survived. I'm just glad they got everything working in time for me to post something before the day was over.

This is the anniversary of an event with enormous importance for mankind--indeed, an event with the power to change the world. On this date in 1917, Our Blessed Mother first appeared to the three humble Portuguese shepherd children, Jacinta and Francisco Marto and Lucia Santos, at Fatima. Mary told these little seers:

"Say the Rosary every day to bring peace to the world and the end of war."

If only people had heeded Her message!

The story of Fatima is truly awesome. If you haven't read about it, do; it might change your life. Here are some links in case you're interested: http://www.theotokos.org.uk/pages/approved/appariti/fatima.html; http://www.theotokos.org.uk/pages/approved/words/wordfati.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment