Saturday, July 25, 2026

This is 68

It's my birthday today.  I'm 68.  (Gulp!  How did THAT happen?!) My husband and I are the same age--he turned 68 almost exactly a month ago.  Yes, that means that we both spent this past year being 67; that's right, we were six-seven.  (If you have young children or grandchildren, you know just what I'm talking about.)  For that reason alone, I should be thrilled to be turning a different number, LOL.  But 68, guys!  Yikes!  Next month, we will be going to our 50th high school reunion!  We are officially old, I guess.

I'm posting this picture of my husband and me with our boys, from our photo shoot earlier in the month, because they are MY WORLD.  These guys of mine are truly the best gifts I have ever or will ever receive.  No other birthday gifts are needed here, I can assure you.  I can't even imagine what my life would have been like without them.  And now, because of these five sons of ours, my husband and I have five daughters and 23 grandchildren to love and cherish as well.  It just doesn't get any better than that.

So Happy Birthday to me, the luckiest woman/wife/mother/grandmother in the world. Thank you, God, for the gift of my life.  I know that to whom much is given, much is expected--and I have been inordinately blessed; so I have some work to do before all is said and done, that's for sure.  Please, God, help me to fulfill whatever purpose you have in mind, before time runs out on me.  And thank you, thank you, a million times, thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment