Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Men v. Women

Our youngest son shared this little gem on the family text stream the other day.  It illustrates so perfectly how men are from Mars and women are from Venus.  Their brains work so differently, they truly might as well be from different planets!



Yes, while a woman is having deep thoughts about the meaning of life or whatever, along with any number of worries about her family or plans for that day and the rest of the week, a man might be simply thinking of the Red Sox or dinosaurs or maybe even nothing at all.  (My husband, from time to time, has answered "Nothin'" when during some quiet stretch I've asked, "Whatcha thinkin' about?"  And I just don't get how that can be!  Nothin'?  Really?) But sometimes, I really wish I could stop my brain from racing along at 100 miles per hour, flitting from one thought to the next until everything is a tangled mess in there.  It can be exhausting.  Sometimes I wish my brain functioned on a simpler level, like a man's.

And I'm not bad-mouthing men when I say that; in fact, it’s much the opposite.  I actually love the way they don't waste a whole lot of time looking for hidden meanings in words, for example.  I love the way they get over things so much more quickly than women seem to be able to do.  And that's the beauty of God's plan, I guess: that the two sexes should be equal but different, complementary, each in need of the strengths, gifts, and talents the other has to offer. When a man and a woman are joined for life in Holy Matrimony, and the two become one...well, there just isn't any union more perfect than that.

'Tis true, however, that in some ways, men always stay boys at heart (says this mother of all sons).  So no matter how old they get, there will still be lots of random thoughts about velociraptors.



7 comments:

  1. I kinda love it. Velociraptors. That's totally what they're thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me smile...men :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and Maggie are surrounded by men. You know. ;)

      Delete
  3. I always wonder about the "nothing" answer too, like how can that be???

    ReplyDelete