Monday, June 2, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BELOVED TWIN GRANDDAUGHTERS!

Three years ago today, a pair of angelic little girls--identical twins--came into the world and made me a Grammy.

Words cannot express the way I feel about these two extraordinary little sweethearts.  If I could sit and snuggle with them 24/7, I would be more than happy to spend my days that way.  They're so funny and spirited--and like sponges, they absorb every detail they hear and see.  It is astounding to me how much they know and remember.

Those girls have got to be the most affectionate people God ever put on His green earth, and when my husband and I are with them, they make us feel so incredibly loved, appreciated, and cherished.  When we're visiting at their house, the minute they see us at the kitchen table when they wake up in the morning, they are as excited as if it's Christmas morning and Santa has just come and left them a pile of Melissa and Doug toys.  They fly at us with smiles and giggles.  One hops into Papa's lap, and the other hops into Grammy's. They're the best huggers and kissers in the world.  I'm telling you, if my husband and I ever need an ego boost, a visit with them is sure to do the trick.

It's hard to believe how fast they're growing up!  It seems like yesterday that they looked like this.  And now they're THREE!
My wonderful late father-in-law, who adored his grandchildren with every fiber of his being, used to love the saying, "If I'd known how much fun it was to have grandchildren, I'd have had them first."  You know what?  As much as I loved raising my sweet boys, their Papa might have been onto something there.

God bless my angels!  Grammy thanks you for bringing so much joy into my life, just in the three short years I've known you.  Think of how much joy there is yet to come!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to B & C!!! What an adorable picture!

    ReplyDelete