Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Young Adults, and Adults Who Are Young at Heart

An article--written by Cheryl Dickow and titled "Young Adult Books Aren't Just for Young Adults"--appeared yesterday on the Bezalel Books blog, and in it Finding Grace was mentioned.   I thought I'd share it today...because I'm trying to organize all my pictures (and my thoughts!) to write up some posts about the absolutely amazing weekend we just had, celebrating the marriage of our third (and middle) son--and I'm not up to doing the task justice just yet.  On Wednesday, bright and early, my husband and I are leaving VA and heading back up to New England, and when I get settled back into my usual routine at home, more posts about the rehearsal dinner, the wedding, and the reception will be forthcoming.  Promise.

Meanwhile, Christmas is fast approaching, and my publisher is encouraging me to redouble my efforts to "sell" my book.  She has even dropped the Kindle price from $7.99 to $4.99, and with that attractive new price tag, she believes it would make an excellent Christmas gift for the young (or not so young) special reader on your shopping list.

If you have the time, click on the article here.

Speaking of young adults, here's a photo of son #3, the groom, carrying his younger brother (son #4), the best man.  They are 27 and just shy of 26 now, but still very young at heart, as you can see.
In some ways, they will always be the silly, rambunctious, sweet little boys I remember from days long gone.

And while we're on the subject: has there ever been a dad who gazed at the face of his beloved daughter on her wedding day, as he prepared to walk her down the aisle and give her away to another man, who didn't look at her and see the little girl who used to climb into his lap and wrap her arms around his neck?  I suspect that's what my new daughter-in-law's "Papi" was thinking when he looked at his baby girl here, just moments before he gave her away and she became my son's wife.
If you have a teenaged daughter who dreams of finding her Prince Charming one day, too, and walking down the aisle toward him on her father's arm, wearing a beautiful white gown and veil, perhaps you should gift her a copy of Finding Grace.  Perhaps it would inspire her to wait patiently and chastely for the man of her dreams to come along and sweep her off her feet.  Perhaps if more young women received the messages that are hidden in the pages of my story, they would be as happy on their wedding day as was this beautiful new Pearl who's been added to our family string.

1 comment:

  1. Such great pictures! Can't wait to read the blog(s) about the weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete