Tuesday, August 27, 2013

{simple saturday}: Bridal Shower

Hello, blog world!  How have things been?  I've missed you!

But it was a busy, action-packed long weekend for me down in VA, visiting with my middle son, his bride-to-be, and other assorted family members.  My husband's older sister and her daughters threw a lovely family shower for my son's intended on Saturday night, and I thought one simple picture would give you an idea of how simply wonderful it was.

So here I am posing side-by-side and cheek-to-cheek with my soon-to-be daughter-in-law. (How's that for a string of hyphenated compound words, all in one sentence?)
Okay, I lied; make that TWO simple pictures.  Now here's the blushing bride-to-be surrounded by a bunch of Pearls who are thrilled to welcome her onto the ever-growing family string.
I know how much she loved wearing that hat, fashioned out of the bows and ribbons from all her gifts. Almost as much as she loved modeling her new "Little Black Apron," complete with a June Cleaver-esque pearl necklace attached (a gift from me--and as luck would have it, I have one of my own, so we were able to do the twin thing).

When I started this post, I thought I'd try to link up for {simple saturday} with Iris, but even though most link-ups do stay open for a while to give us procrastinators a chance to join in, I see I'm a bit too late for that.  I'm a just a wee tad out of the loop here.  I haven't just been avoiding Iris; I've been avoiding everybody!  I haven't just been not-blogging; I've been not-reading other blogs I usually enjoy and not-commenting on them.  But sometimes my real life gets too busy and full to keep up with my on-line life (which I believe is a good thing!). I doubt you even noticed I was absent from the blogosphere the past few days, but I guess I'm officially back.  And after crashing back down to earth after such an eventful weekend, I hope I'll be able to come up with some interesting things to write about.  You know, because keeping up with my blog is just a very, very important job.
See you tomorrow...I hope!

6 comments:

  1. We have SO missed your blog entries! This is the third time I have checked this morning. I guess I'm somewhat of a blog stalker :) Love the posted pics. Did you see my new facebook pic? It happens to be favorite of mine as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...it's so nice to be missed!

      I like all the pictures of us cheek-to-cheek. They're all favorites. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I wish you could have been there...you were there in spirit! (If I could do a heart-shaped emoticon, I'd put one here.)

      Delete
  3. I love the pictures from the shower! Wish I could have been there. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your new daughter-in-law to-be look SO adorable together!

    ReplyDelete