Monday, June 24, 2013

What I Wore Sunday, Volume 14

Well, after a couple of weeks away from this fun and faith-filled fashion link-up, I decided to show you what I wore Sunday (yesterday, that is).  So once again, I'm linking up with the gals over at Fine Linen and Purple for another episode of WIWS.

For Mass yesterday, I wore a Dress Barn polka-dot dress that I've had forever (almost) and already modeled for this link-up (in this post back in March).  It's the comfiest dress in the world, made out of a stretchy knit that is perfect for traveling.  You can pluck it from your jam-packed suitcase and put it right on without giving a thought to finding an ironing board, because it just doesn't wrinkle.  (With all my travels these days to visit my kids and grandkids, it's exactly the sort of dress I need.)
I thought I'd jazz this dress up and change the look of it completely by pairing it with a Kelly green cotton shrug, which was a bargain ($10.99!) I found at BJ's Wholesale Club. (Strangely enough, the same place where I go to buy food staples in Army-feeding-sized packages is where I seem to find a lot of my wardrobe pieces these days.)  I'm also wearing a favorite pair of black patent "leather" ballet flats from Payless (old news--you don't need to see those again), my vintage Snap-it Beads pearl necklace, with four beads removed so that it would be just the right length for the neckline of this dress (I've shown you those before--remember?), and a lace chapel veil that I stitched up on my Kenmore sewing machine after I left my favorite black veil (ordered from a great site called "Veils by Lily") in a hotel room or on an airplane, I'm not sure which, on one of my many aforementioned trips.

Okay, now tell me: on Sunday, what were you wearin'?  Or more importantly, what were you drinkin'? (Did you notice my cup?)

Well, after Mass my husband and I stopped by Dunkin' Donuts on our way back home.  Not that we ALWAYS do this, you understand; but Dunkin' Donuts just happens to be VERY CLOSE to our parish church...and we both love donuts, and I love coffee...so you know what I was drinkin'.  Happiness in a Styrofoam cup, that's what--my standard order. Cream?  Yes! Sugar?  Yes!...And make it a large, please!

If you're interested in a more serious fashion show, head over to FLAP.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I wish we had a doughnut shop close enough to go to after Mass! It's nice living 3 minutes from church, but it means there's never anywhere on the way home that we can stop for treats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best ice cream stand in town and Dunkin' Donuts are both RIGHT next to our church. It's great...but also dangerous.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The coffee was wonderful...and there were doughnuts involved, too...

      Delete
  3. You look adorable...I love classic dresses you can pull out anytime.

    We're in RI right now, after being away for several years, and I have to say, I've really missed the Dunkin' Donuts on every corner thing that is so prevalent in New England (or at least the RI/CT/MA/NH area). I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but I LOVE a good iced coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how many D'nD's there are here in New England? When we drive through MA on our way to Logan Airport, there's one about every 10 feet!

      Delete