Saturday, March 2, 2013

What They Wore Friday

Recently, I've been participating in a weekly blog link-up at Fine Linen and Purple called "What I Wore Sunday," and I'm hoping to join up with those fashionable and faith-filled gals once again tomorrow.  But I thought in the meantime you might want to take a gander at what my 21-month-old twin granddaughters wore last evening.  This is Grammy's own invention called "What They Wore Friday."  It is in all likelihood a one-time-only event, so enjoy it!

Yes, that's right--my little sweethearts wore their "skinny pants," baby fine mullets, and nothin' else.  Restaurants might be high on all that "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service" stuff; but believe me, when these two are having spaghetti for dinner, shirtless is the only way to go.  (And bare feet are always in season with these young'uns, at least around the house.)

I shouldn't even repeat my son's comment when he caught his darling bare-bellied daughters standing at the sliding glass doors, resembling a couple of miniature rednecks. "It looks like we never left Alabama," he joked.  (For the record: that's where our son was stationed with his little family for about six months before they made the move to their current home in Colorado.)  (Also for the record: although there is no love whatsoever lost between the Pearl family and Alabama's Crimson Tide football team--which stole the championship crown from Notre Dame back in January, boo hiss--we do have a beloved brother-in-law who hails from Alabama, and I hope he doesn't take our joshing about the state of his birth too seriously!)

Maybe for some of you this picture brings to mind Jeff Foxworthy's famous "You might be a redneck if" comedy routine...but I think it just proves that my granddaughters would look adorable in ANYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment