Wednesday, November 14, 2012

This Might [P]interest You...

I am not on Pinterest.  To tell you the truth, just keeping up with e-mails, Facebook--and this blog, to boot--is about all I can handle.  I'm still a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to all of this modern, technology-driven "social media."  I'm finally comfortable with the computer skills I've been able to master up to this point, and I'm a bit intimidated about trying anything above and beyond my current limited abilities.  You know what they say: it's tough to teach an old dog (or a dinosaur) new tricks.

I think the Pinterest thing is very [p]interesting, though.  I've viewed a few Pinterest pages, when I found links to them on the home pages of some young bloggers I follow.  But I haven't been tempted to start a Pinterest page myself.

If I did, however, I would definitely pin this photo I found in the November/December 2012 issue of Bliss Victoria magazine on my on-line "bulletin board."  I guess I would pin it under the title "Home Decor," or "Decorating," or "Favorite Things."  Or "Holidays," perhaps.
Doesn't this photo just scream "THANKSGIVING!"?  I love it.  I'm especially crazy about the antique transferware covered vegetable dish.  Most of the transferware I collect is blue and white, and almost all of my pieces are reproductions rather than genuine antiques; I also own some pink and white pieces (and a large green and white pitcher, which I showcased in yesterday's blog post).  But I do love this brown and white covered dish, decorated with a pastoral English scene, because it looks so perfect with autumn/Thanksgiving decor.  I only have one transferware dish in brown and white, which comes out of the cupboard every November to adorn the table on Turkey Day.
There's my sweet little brown and white bowl on the left, with the star of the Thanksgiving dinner pictured in the center.  I break out my pink and white pieces, which have winter scenes on them (such as the lovely bowl pictured here), for Christmas.  The blue and white platter in the background is special to me because it has a Dutch scene on it, which reminds me of a special trip to Amsterdam I was able to take last January with my husband.

Okay, pretend I have a Pinterest page, and you've just looked at a couple of my pins.  Now you can go and check out the real Pinterest pages of your much younger, much hipper friends!

9 comments:

  1. My grandma gave us her gorgeous set of Wedgwood china--ivory, black, and gold--as a wedding gift. It's still in storage but we hope to use it next Thanksgiving!

    I love the look of the squash overflowing in the wooden bowl--very rustic and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you going to post a picture of your Wedgewood someday? It sounds beautiful.

      Delete
    2. Yes! There are so many things I'm excited to blog about, once our things are out of storage (we didn't want to lug everything down to Southern AL, so when we move back North and are reunited with our things it will be like Christmas!)

      Delete
  2. Maybe I can call upon you while you're here to help us decorate the table for Thanksgiving! I hadn't given it much thought this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad we'll be there plenty of days ahead of time. You and I can brainstorm about it. (I almost wrote "barnstorm.")

      Delete
  3. Mike is going to love all the dinosaur shout outs in this post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I actually try to use the word "dinosaur" whenever possible--for Mike and all of his brothers! :)

      Delete
  4. Aunt Laura!
    You are no dinosaur! I am thrilled I found out how to follow you now on blogger, so needless to say, I might be more of a dinosaur when it comes to this stuff! But I must ask if there is anything I can do to persuade you to join Pinterest? It is so great. It is a way to organize everything you love online in one place. I am pretty addicted!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christie! I was so excited when I saw your comment!

      I guess I should never say never, as far as Pinterest goes. I never thought I'd be a blogger either, and here I am. :)

      Delete