Saturday, July 28, 2012

Thanks for Graces Received

As of today, I have finished the final editing process for my novel and it is ready to go to print.  This means that in August or September, a lifelong dream of mine is going to be fulfilled.  I am both thrilled and terrified at the prospect!

I dedicated my book to my wonderful, supportive, loving husband and my five most precious gifts from God, my sons; but although She is not mentioned in the dedication, the entire book is actually dedicated to the Blessed Mother, too.  I tried to honor Her through my writing, and I hope I have done Her justice (as if any mere mortal ever could).

I have worn a Miraculous Medal constantly for about 15 years now, to show my devotion to the Virgin Mary--and I believe that She interceded for me and gave me the aid I needed when I hit patches of "writer's block" during the four-and-a-half year writing process.  Today, as the weight is lifted from my shoulders--and I realize that even if I missed a typo here or there, I have done the very best that I can do--I wish to thank Her for being there and giving me the gentle nudges I needed along the way.

For graces received, I want to thank Mary, Our Mother (the most generous and loving of mothers!) with all my heart.
(Note that Mary is actually reading a book here !  This illustration was taken from one of the  pages of a free calendar that we received in the mail yesterday.  I thought it was the perfect illustration for this blog post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment