Monday, November 21, 2011

What's This Baby Thinkin' 'Bout?


Here is a picture I snapped of my little sweetheart, Bonny Baby, the other day. I think the expression on her face is hilarious. I always try to catch her when her face is lit up with one of her amazing toothless, gummy smiles; but with the digital camera delay, I usually end up getting an interesting post-smile expression instead. In this particular shot, it looks to me like she's thinking, "Who is that crazy lady, and why is she always pointing that silver thing at me?" I suppose she'd better get used to having me take her picture, because I'm pretty sure I'm going to be doing that ad nauseam or ad infinitum--one of those ad's--for the rest of my days. Sorry, but with a face like that, oh cute little granddaughter of mine, what do you expect?

Actually, in this picture, here's what it looks as if she'd like to say (if only she had the vocab for it): "What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

That just made me think about a funny t-shirt I saw recently on a website called NoiseBot.com--where I was doing a bit of on-line Christmas shopping--that said, "I'm what Willis was talkin' bout." Don't you love it? If you're ever looking for a funny t-shirt to give to a person with a slightly off-beat sense of humor (I seem to have a few sons who would fit that bill), this is a great website. Some of their designs are on the inappropriate side, but for the most part what they have to offer is just plain silly. For instance, there's a t-shirt that has the word "PANTS" emblazoned across the front of it in great big letters. Get it? It's a shirt...but it says "pants." Maybe you have to be a tad weird to appreciate NoiseBot.com t-shirts; but if you are, check out their website. I think you'll be amused.

Anyhoo, I was with my daughter-in-law at the twins' four month check-up awhile back, and the doctor was talking about how neat it would be to know what's going on in their little heads as they look about them at all the wonders of the world and discover new things daily. Their many expressions are just so priceless, and this one is a prime example. When I look at it, I just have to wonder: what's she thinkin' 'bout?

No comments:

Post a Comment