Monday, June 10, 2013

You Scream, I Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream!

I truly think if I could eat only one food item for the rest of my life, it would be soft-serve vanilla ice cream cones.  (I guess I'm not ready just yet to try that "Whole 30" cleanse I've been hearing so much about.)

One of the best things about summer in this town is that our favorite little seasonal ice cream stand (which is located directly across the street from our parish church) opens up. And here's the scoop on the way the scoopers do their thing over there: seriously, I don't think you'll find more generous portions anywhere on earth.  Hyperbole?  Maybe.  But take a gander at one of the cones I got there recently.
If you're guessing this is a large, you couldn't be more wrong.  It's a MEDIUM!

One day about two weeks ago, after polishing one of these babies off while on an "errands and ice cream date" with my husband, I vowed to him that for the rest of the summer, I was going to order only smalls.  (I mean, those mediums are ridiculously big. And gluttony is a sin.)  Do you know what my beloved's response was?  "Why do you say that when you know there's no way you're ever going to stick to it?"

I've had three medium-sized cones so far, and it's not even mid-June.  And I've had exactly zero smalls.

That guy knows me better than I know myself, so I suppose there are more gigantic medium-sized soft-serve vanilla cones in my future.  (And the people rejoiced!)

9 comments:

  1. Wow...that's a lot of ice cream! We're ice cream fanatics too...although we almost never buy it at ice cream stands..we just buy 1/2 gallons and indulge EVERY Sunday. Soft serve is one of my favorite though..yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ice cream cone looks gooooood, but I'm afraid I'd be down for the small myself. (I have to take it easy when dealing with dairy products.) Don't stop enjoying those mediums, though! *smiles*

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. But after being inspired by how great you look, I think I'm going to wean myself off bad stuff like that and eat WW-style. (At the very least, it's smalls only from now on!!)

      Delete
    2. Thank you, that is sweet, but I think you always look great!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For Beth (A Mom's Life): Your comment came to my e-mail, but for some reason never showed up here. I think I'll take your advice and order a large next time (for the sake of research, of course). If I do, I'll post a picture. I like the way you think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOOOOVE soft soft-serve ice cream! I'm a DQ addict (when there's one near me, which has been almost never) but amazingly enough, one recently opened in the city nearest to us here in Mexico, so it's actually within the realm of possibility to get a soft-serve cone here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DQ is the best! I grew up on their soft-serve cones.

      Delete