Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Woo hoo--a New Review!

I won't lie: I'm on a cloud today.  Yesterday, I was randomly checking my book's Amazon page and realized that there was a new reader review on there (bringing the number of reviews up to 10).  It was written by Sarah Reinhard, blogger (Snoring Scholar), author (you can check out a list of her books here), and chair of the Catholic Writers Guild Seal of Approval committee.

Thank you, Sarah!  Four stars never looked so good!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


4.0 out of 5 stars A book you're sure to enjoy and that you'll want to share, June 10, 2013
This review is from: Finding Grace (Paperback)
I won't lie: this book was long. That said, it was REALLY well-written and the character development was stellar. It's set in the 1970s and early 80s, and the story is Catholic in a way that's both cultural and ingrained. It gave me a sense of what it's like to be raised Catholic and to have it be part of everything you do.

Did that make you feel like it's shoved down your throat? Because it's not: not at ALL. One of the things I appreciated about this book is that it doesn't seem to talk down to its audience, which is the young adult market. It's written like literature and it seems to assume that its reader has a brain. I like that. It's a book I highly recommend and one I'll be sharing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love this painting of Our Lady reading a book. 
When I set out to writing Finding Grace, She was one of the critics whose approval concerned me most.  I wanted to please (and to glorify) this beautiful Lady and Her Beloved Son.  All the positive reviews in the world could never mean as much to me as knowing that Our Lord and His Mother approve of my work.  I'll never know that for sure until my life on this earth is over; but while I'm here, I must admit it's nice to get a thumb's up from a Catholic writer whose opinion I value so much.


2 comments: