Friday, June 1, 2012

One More Day and They'll Be One!

In one day, my twin granddaughters turn one year old.  I can hardly believe it!  Where does the time go?

I know I'll be blogging about them again tomorrow, on their actual birthday; but today, I can't stop thinking about those two little cutie pies and all the joy they've brought--not only to their parents, but to two entire families--in the one year they've been on this earth.

Their daddy was in Afghanistan until they were four months old (although he got to spend two weeks with them, when they were about a month old and he was home on leave), but now he has been with them twice as long as he was away from them.  Understandably, it took a little while after he got back from deployment for them to feel as comfortable with him as they did with their mommy.  But as you can see from these pictures, they appear to feel pretty darn comfortable with their daddy these days.
The girls climbing all over their daddy...
...and climbing all over him some more.
Being a parent has always been my greatest joy in life.  Now, seeing the son I raised--the guy who was one year old himself only YESTERDAY--in the role of  parent, and seeing how much he loves being a daddy to his little girls, is just indescribably wonderful.

I'm thrilled that I'm a grandmother (a "Grammy")--have I mentioned that yet in this blog?  Here's a great quote I found about being a grandmother, by Author Unknown (one of my favorite authors): "Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting."  Considering my strong affinity for frosting, that description gets a big thumb's up from this old lady!  And that is what I'm striving to be for these little granddaughters and any future grandchildren I might have: a grandma who is as sweet as a frosted cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment