Thursday, August 8, 2019

A Sweet Little ABC Book Reader (and She's Not Even Related to Me!)

I was absolutely tickled--and touched--to receive an email from an old high school classmate, who sent me this picture of an adorable little reader flipping through her hardcover copy of My Little ABC Book.

This thoughtful woman (who was the salutatorian of our St. John's Class of 1976) wanted me to know that she had sent her not-quite-2-year-old grand-niece the book as a gift, and she congratulated me on finishing a project that had been near and dear to my heart for many years.

I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to see this sweet little angel-- "A is for angel," just like the book says! --looking as if she's enjoying the pictures.  It's truly a dream come true for me.  Before I ever had children, way back in the early 1980's, I mailed two different illustrated children's book ideas to a big-name publishing house, and I received some very kind rejection letters for my efforts.  (We're talking about rejection letters composed on an old-school typewriter--so yes, I am a dinosaur.)  It is so wonderful that in this day and age, self-publishing through online websites makes humble little books like this one available to the general public.  This ABC Book was going to be mostly for my own family; but through bookemon.com, anyone can purchase a copy (they are printed on demand when ordered).

If you'd like to preview the book on your computer or order a copy for your own little angel(s), click on this link.  There is also a tab on the sidebar on the right that will take you to the book's page on the website.

B is for blessed...G is for grateful...T is for thankful...

Well, you get the drift.  XO

1 comment: