Thursday, October 31, 2013

Red Sox Win World Series...Again!

This morning I'll be two-legging it back home from a week-and-a-half-long visit with my oldest son, his wife, and my three sweet little granddaughters.  I'll either be strapped in a seat 30,000 feet above the ground or rushing from one end of a busy airport to the other (and these are just my two very favorite ways to spend a day).  Before I go, though, I thought I'd get something posted--you know, because I've stated that my goal is to blog every day, rain or shine.

So real quick, sports fans (although you've probably heard this news already):

Last night, the Red Sox won their third World Series in 10 years!  Against the Cardinals, in game 6.  And Sweet Holy Caroline, they did it at Fenway!
So much for the storied Babe Ruth Curse.
Take that, Bambino!

I haven't been watching the Sox much in recent years (I let my hubby do most of the watching for me), because I haven't been able to love them like I used to since the retirement of catcher and team captain Jason Varitek.  But they've still got Big Papi.
And once again, they're the best team in baseball.  They're wicked good, those guys.  They are the champions, THEY ARE THE CHAMPIONS...of the WORLD.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We have been rooting for the Red Sox.
    We Milwaukee Brewer fans are tired of the St. Louis Cardinals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you were rooting for the Sox! Any year they're not in it but the Brewers are, we promise to root for your team! :)

      Delete