Saturday, July 30, 2011

Where's Allie?

I really shouldn't blog at all today, after putting up two posts yesterday. (But really, what did you think of that picture I posted last night of my little dream puppy? Do you blame me for wanting you to see it?)

Anyway, I'll keep this short. It'll be like a page out of a Where's Waldo? children's book. In this picture, Where's Allie? She pretty much blends in with her surroundings, so you may not have noticed her at first. But keep looking; she's there. She's trying to become one with the blanket (because I guess it's not enough that she's on a comfy couch cushion--the little princess needs a pillow and blanket as well!).

By the way, you might be wondering what in the world Allie is doing up on the furniture in the first place. I guess my husband and I are getting soft in our old age. We were taking care of her during May and June, when my son was doing a lot of traveling for work and the Army Reserves, and for awhile she was content using the plush dog bed we provided for her. Then one day, she hopped up on a chair in our family room as if that had been the norm all along, and for some reason we didn't make her get down. The chair is old and worn, it has a removable, washable slipcover; after all, we thought, what harm could she do? One thing led to another, and before you know it we had decided that if our five sons couldn't destroy this couch in our "new room," a durable leather sectional that we've had forever, Allie probably couldn't either...

The first time my youngest son saw Allie up on this couch, he shook his head and said, "Mom, you're on a slippery slope here. Next thing you know, she'll be sleeping in your bed." That's where I draw the line, though. "That'll never happen!" I insisted. But it's a good thing Allie didn't stay with us any longer than she did, because who knows where we would have found her next!

No comments:

Post a Comment