Monday, December 1, 2014

Book News

I'm very excited, because a big box filled with copies of Erin's Ring is supposed to arrive today!  I can hardly wait to hold the actual finished book in my hand.  I have this copy, a print-out of the final galley...
...but it's not the same thing!  I'm dying to hold the real deal in my hands, and to see that beautiful cover my publisher, Cheryl Dickow, created--using an illustration that so perfectly brings to life a favorite scene of mine from the story that it's positively uncanny!

I've heard that those who've ordered already from Amazon have been informed that it's on back order, but hopefully they won't have to wait too long before they receive their copies.  And I've also been asked by several would-be readers if the book will have a Kindle version.  The answer to that is yes, but not right away.  For now, the publisher and I have decided to go "old school" (my favorite way to go in most things!) and offer Erin's Ring in paperback form only.  But all you hip, modern eBookers out there can rest assured that eventually, there will be a version you can read on your Kindle or iPad.  (Is the term "hip" still in use?  Or is it completely un-hip to say "hip"?)

I have been so blessed by this book already, because several Catholic authors were kind enough to read it in pre-publication manuscript form and then endorse it--among them Nancy Carabio Belanger (author of Olivia and the Little Way, Olivia's Gift, and The Gate).  Nancy also recently wrote a blog post about a special Christmas offer from Bezalel Books that includes my new book, and here's a link to Nancy's post: http://nancybelanger.blogspot.com/2014/11/a-christmas-mother-daughter-special.html.  (Thanks so much, Nancy!  I will never be able to repay you for your help and support--not to mention your enthusiasm!)

Readers, you've probably heard of Nancy, whose wonderful works of YA fiction are popular with Catholic schools and homeschools. What thrills and humbles me is that she believes Erin's Ring is also the type of book that would enhance school curricula. It is part historical fiction, part modern YA lit, and it is filled with a deep love for the Faith.  If you are a Catholic educator or homeschooler, it might fit perfectly into your reading, history, or religion syllabus.

My husband and I have ordered extra copies (which are supposed to arrive today, in that big box I mentioned!  Woo hoo!).  If you'd like a signed paperback copy, I can offer them here at the blog for a limited time, for $12 a copy--and that includes shipping and handling.  Just contact me via email (There's an "Email me" button on the side bar on the right side of this page), and I can get your order processed.

Before I go, don't forget about the Christmas giveaway here at String of Pearls.  Just leave me a comment before December 8, and you could be the winner of a signed copy of Erin's Ring.

Now I'll just sit here and wait for a big brown truck to rumble down my driveway, carrying that special box...

No comments:

Post a Comment