Wednesday, March 27, 2013

[Not Really] Wordless Wednesday

I've heard through the grapevine that there's this blogging routine called "Wordless Wednesdays."  I don't think you have to link up with anyone to participate (and if you do, I'm sorry for doing it wrong, but I'm a newbie--in way too many ways to count them all--and I'll try to find out if there's some blog out there I should give credit to).

Anyway, I've already used a bunch of words, so I guess I've disqualified myself.  Therefore, I'm going to use as many words, phrases, sentences, and paragraphs as I please for the remainder of this post!

I decided to take a short trip down memory lane today--to Easter 1987, when my three oldest sons were going on four, two and then some, and almost one, and I was minutes away from finding out that #4 was on the way.  At the time, one of my husband's younger brothers was stationed at the same Naval base in FL as my husband, and he and his family lived nearby so we celebrated the holidays together.

Like it or not, I'm taking you on this trip with me.  You're coming--that's all there is to it! And these snapshots--blurry though they might be--are so adorable, no words are really necessary.
Our three oldest boys with their cousin, who was a few months younger than our second son
 (the smiley guy with the blond bowl cut sitting right beside her).  They'd just found the baskets
the Easter Bunny had left for them, and life was very, very good indeed.
Son #2 simply can't wipe the smile off his face!   The twin bowl cuts on our two oldest are killing me here.
And the blur on the right is son #3, who wasn't even a year old yet, but had been on the run for months already.
These two cuzzies, with their chocolate-stained lips, were thick as thieves! 
Well, I've just made myself very happy.  Sorry if that trip we took wasn't as enjoyable for you as it was for me!

And I suppose I'm going to have to work on that whole "wordless" concept!  Some other Wednesday, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment