Friday, November 23, 2012

A Table Set with Style, Surrounded with Love

Yesterday, my oldest son and his wife prepared the most delicious Thanksgiving feast.  My son cooked the turkey, put together a cabbage salad, and baked a chocolate Bundt cake topped with peanut butter frosting.  My daughter-in-law made the green bean casserole, her mother's sausage stuffing, an abundance of mashed potatoes (using a Crock Pot recipe that involved chicken broth, sour cream, cream cheese, and a clove of garlic--those spuds were to die for!), and a pumpkin pie.  My only contribution to the meal was the gravy. My husband and I got spoiled rotten--and we loved it.  Everything was magnificent, and there are plenty of leftovers to heat up today!

Before the meal started, I snapped this picture of the dining room table.  I thought it was so incredibly lovely.  My daughter-in-law's transferware dishes (Spode's "Blue Italian") looked so beautiful against the autumn colors of the fabric square she positioned over the white tablecloth.
I love the look of a well-set table.  And when well-loved faces are assembled around it, there's just nothing in the world more beautiful, is there?  

Case in point:

Now THIS is beautiful!  Am I right, or am I right?

Happy Leftovers Day!  And God bless us, every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment