Sunday, July 8, 2012

Neglecting my Blog!

I've been neglecting my blog for the past few days, but this is the backyard view I've been lucky enough to gaze upon ever since we arrived at my husband's family home Thursday night and were welcomed by a slew of Pearl family members:
Can you blame me for being distracted while I've been here in paradise?  If you were me, wouldn't you have trouble sitting at a computer when you could be sitting on the deck with an adult beverage, enjoying this spectacular view and surrounded by cherished loved ones (who happen to be some of the sharpest, funniest, most loving humans on God's green earth)?

It's been a true vacation--even a vacation from this virtual "String of Pearls" so that I could spend time enjoying a real one.

It's been sunny and gorgeous the whole time we've been here.  Last night, a big group of us adults swam out to the huge green and white floatee on the bottom left of the picture, with a floating cooler of Mike's Hard Lemonade and Miller Lite in tow, and we sat there with our legs dangling in the water, talking for hours.  I'm telling you something: if we'd all spent a bundle to fly off for a Caribbean vacation, we'd have been wasting our money.  It was absolutely heavenly...it couldn't have been more perfect.

So that's why I've been neglecting my blog for the past few days.  But we head back home tonight, where real life awaits, and I'm going to try to get back on a regular blogging schedule.

Hope you're enjoying your summer as much as I am!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you were..... I guess I can understand, but I have missed my daily routine!! I look forward to reading your blog every day you know. I am happy you have had a little vacation though! Looking forward to the blog getting back on track! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed it too! Wish we could've been up there with you all, but we're looking forward to August. (said Renee)

    ReplyDelete