Sunday, July 29, 2012

Miraculous Medal Prayer

Yesterday, I told you that I've worn a Miraculous Medal around my neck for about 15 years now, never taking it off--even when I work out or shower.  I often repeat the prayer on the front of the medal, the words that encircle the image of Our Lady of Grace: "O MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO THEE."

I try to be a good daughter to Mary, my Mother; but I know I often fall very short of the mark. When we say a daily Rosary, my husband almost never dozes off.  I, on the other hand, more often than not awake with my fingers still holding bead #4 of the third decade, and I realize I've blown it once again.  (Being able to fall asleep in an upright position--any time of the day or night, in bright light or darkness, holding a book without losing my spot or a cup of coffee without spilling it--is programmed into my DNA; my whole family shares this superpower.)  They say that when you fall asleep saying the Rosary, the angels finish it for you. As if they aren't busy enough up there!  I can imagine them saying, "Really?  Again? Can't she ever get through one by herself?"  (Sorry, angels.  And thank you so much!)
(Click on the image to enlarge for easier reading.)
Anyway, I just wanted to share this lovely image of the Blessed Mother with Her Infant Son--again, a page from a free calendar that came in the mail a couple of days ago.  I love the serene faces on both Mother and Child in this piece of artwork.  And I wanted to share the prayer as well.  As a wearer of the Miraculous Medal, I would like to learn it by heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment