Sunday, May 6, 2012

Psalm 23

The Lord is my Shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me lie down
in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul. 
He leads me in right paths
for His Name's sake.
Even though I walk through
the darkest valley,
I fear no evil, for You are with me.
Surely goodness and mercy
shall follow me
all the days of my life.
And I shall dwell in the house
of the Lord
my whole life long.

I just love that prayer.  I find it so comforting to think of Our Lord in the role of the Good Shepherd--for surely, we need His help and guidance as we go through life's trials and tribulations.  Without Him, our journey would be an often scary and lonely one.  I just found out that my daughter-in-law's aunt, whose husband has been waging a battle with cancer, has been diagnosed with leukemia.  Please, please keep these good people in your prayers.  May they be blessed with God's mercy and goodness, and may they be healed.

And may God bless you and yours on this holiest day of the week.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment