Monday, March 7, 2011

The Most Important Person



I absolutely love this! It was my late mother-in-law's favorite, and she made copies of it for her four daughters and four daughters-in-law. It meant so much to her that it's what her children had printed on the back of the prayer cards at her funeral. It not only reminds me of what a great privilege it is to be a mother, but also of my husband's wonderful mother, a woman who played a huge role in my life and whom I will miss 'til the day I die. I decided to put it on the wall right next to the mirror over my dresser, where I would be sure to see it every day.


Instead of framing, it, though, I tried to make it look like an old document tacked up on the wall. (I have some decorating tendencies that are sort of weird--faux finishes and trompe l'oeil are my bread and butter, so almost nothing in my house is "real.") I employed some tea dyeing and edge burning to give the paper that aged look (hopefully), and then I glued it right onto the wall with some wallpaper paste. If I decide to remove it later, it should come off as easily as any wallpaper border.


I must get away from this computer and get some work done! I just had to try out a post with a photo attached before I could call it quits for today. No one told me how addictive blogging would be!

1 comment:

  1. That's very cool! I had no idea you could paste documents to walls in that manner.

    ReplyDelete