Thursday, March 31, 2011

Knit One, "Pearl" Two


That's the only knitting jargon I know. I'm not a knitter. I love to sew, and for a few years when my boys were young, I dabbled in cross-stitch. But for some reason, I've always been a bit intimidated by knitting. To me, it seems very hard to do.


My daughter-in-law, however, has become quite proficient with a pair of knitting needles. She has created some really awesome items: scarves, hats, beautiful knitted placemats (which I'd never seen before, but love), and adorable baby booties.


If you'd like to see some of her projects, you should check out her blog, "Mother of Pearls" (http://momofpearls.blogspot.com/). Not only does she post pictures, but she also provides links to help you find yarns, patterns, etc. Her blog isn't only about knitting, though; it covers a plethora of topics, and it's really very entertaining and educational.


(This charming Victorian-era painting is called "Young Girl Knitting," by artist Albert Samuel Anker.)

2 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks for mentioning me. Love the illustration. I think technically it's spelled "purl," but I'd much rather "pearl" two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops--I guess I really revealed how little I know about knitting! I never even thought to check on that spelling!

    ReplyDelete