Saturday, March 26, 2011

"Hachi, A dog's tale": Two thumbs up!

My husband was out of town last weekend, and I decided to treat myself to a late-night movie that couldn't quite be categorized as a "chick flick," but is definitely not the type of movie my husband and sons usually prefer. And by that I mean action-packed or sports-related. I like those kinds of movies, too; but every now and then I crave a good 3-hanky movie--you know, something heartwarming and sweet and slow-paced, without car crashes, gun fights, or explosions. (My sons would call that "something boring.")

I got the movie "Hachi, A dog's tale," even though I'd heard so little about it when it came out that I'm not even sure if it was ever in theaters or just went straight to DVD. But it stars Richard Gere, Joan Allen, and Jason Alexander (George from "Seinfeld"); I thought with a cast like that, how bad could it be?

Well, it's fantastic! You don't even have to be a dog-lover to enjoy it. (But be careful: it could turn you into one.) Plus--and here's the best part--it's rated G! Even most animated films these days are PG's, and this movie is a G. I need more G-rated movies in my life! I'm tired of watching a movie and saying afterward, "That was cute--I mean all except the 5% that was entirely inappropriate; the other 95% was great."

This movie is 100% enjoyable and 100% appropriate for all ages. I absolutely loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment