Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Please Pray for the Triplets (and Their Bravehearted Mommy!)

I am asking you, dear readers, to pray for my daughter-in-law, Braveheart.  She is 30 weeks pregnant with triplets (two boys and a girl), and this morning she woke up bleeding and had to be rushed to the hospital by ambulance. 

It turns out that one of the amniotic sacs had ruptured, so until the babies are delivered (it could be either within days or within weeks), she is going to stay in the hospital where she can be monitored.  She was given a steroid shot to help the babies' lung development, should they arrive too soon (32 weeks was the benchmark they hoped she would reach in order to ensure the safest outcome).  But so far, so good--praise be to God!  All three babies have strong healthy heartbeats.  They are little fighters.  In fact, early on, the smaller of the two boys looked like he wasn't going to make it, and the doctors told the kids to prepare for two babies instead of three.  But he rallied and grew like crazy and is now within ounces of the other two, doing just great.  Like I said, they are fighters.

And my Braveheart is a fighter, too!

She is the wife of my fourth son, and is in every way the perfect mate for him.  They are both very intelligent and cerebral, and they can talk about scientific or philosophical topics all the livelong day.  But they also share an offbeat sense of humor and an appreciation for little-known cartoons and kid-friendly video games.  Their children are going to have two very fun and interesting parents.  I can hardly wait to see them in action.

Here is a picture of my sweet girl, the soon-to-be mom of three, at our house last Christmas.  She was celebrating after scoring her dream present--a Pikachu costume--in our first-ever family Yankee Swap, as her hubby and her beloved doggies looked on. (She would not learn that she was pregnant with her first child[ren] until about a month or so later.)

Isn't she a hoot?  My boy adores her, she adores him, and we adore them both.  We can hardly wait to meet their three tiny angels.

Please keep Braveheart and her wee ones in your prayers.  Thank you so much!!

12 comments:

  1. Many prayers for Braveheart and The Big Three! I am so glad she's under the best care possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, Madeline, thank you for your prayers for my family. They are much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's good to know that those babies have people praying for them as far away as Australia!
      <3

      Delete
  3. I have been praying constantly. I can't wait to see those three beautiful, healthy babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will ask for the intercession of St Gianna Berreta Molla before the Miraculous Image of the Divine Mercy. May the babies arrive in great joy, to great joy, when it is right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I am unspeakably touched when I imagine you praying to that saint before that image. With divine help like that, I am confident that those babies will be safe.

      As of now, my d-I-l has reached one day shy of 32 weeks, which was the goal her doctor said she hoped she would reach at the outset; so all is going well so far.

      Thank you so much for the prayers! God bless you!

      Delete
  5. Prayers for them! For the sweet mommy-to-be and her precious little ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aileen, my friend. (We can be friends, right, even though we have only spoken online?) {{}}

      Delete
    2. Absolutely, Laura, my friend! Any time you are in Texas or I am in Virginia we must meet up! :)

      Delete