Thursday, November 26, 2015

What Are You Thankful For?

For their visit with us at Oyster Haven, our twin granddaughters brought along some Thanksgiving decorations that they'd made at their homeschool co-op to show their Papa and me.  These homemade turkeys are so delightful that we're going to use them as centerpieces for our Thanksgiving dinner tonight. 

On the feathers of the twins' turkeys, they've listed some of the things they're thankful for.
So tell me, what are you thankful for?  (Besides cows and horses, and pumpkin pie and stuffing, of course.)

God bless you, dear readers, on this beautiful holiday and always.

3 comments:

  1. I love your granddaughter's Thanksgiving project - artwork that is truly priceless!

    Having spent some time with my dear cousin who is dealing with a long hospital stay, my gratitude list is so very long!
    1. I get to sleep in my own comfy bed and no one barges in, turns on the lights and checks my vital signs in the middle of the night.
    2. But if I have to, I can get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom without having to drag an unwieldy IV pole or call someone to help me.
    3. Once I’ve gone to the bathroom, I do not have to discuss that activity (or lack thereof) over and over again with half a dozen random strangers who come to visit me.
    4. After I get up in the morning, I’m actually hungry for breakfast - no constant nausea!
    5. When I eat my breakfast, it tastes normal, not weird, and I’m not worried about suddenly getting sick and losing it!

    And that only takes us through breakfast but I could go on all day - I am blessed indeed and very thankful for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a great reminder to be grateful for the blessing of good health--which I so often take for granted.

      Prayers for your cousin. And I hope you have a beautiful Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. I am thankful for my family....all of them! Mom & dad, brothers & sister's (and their spouses), children, my granddaughter, nieces & nephews (and their spouses) and great nieces & nephews!!

    ReplyDelete