Friday, November 20, 2015

The T Pages are Totally Finished!

Remember that ABC Book I've been working on (or mostly NOT working on) for my grandchildren?

Well, way back in June, I finished the first T page, as a birthday homage to my identical twin granddaughters (the oldest of my beloved grandchildren) who were turning four at the time.

Five months later, I've finally gotten around to doing the second T page--because I'm determined to finish this book by the time the twins turn five!!  And if I want to do that, I've got to get a move on.

Another motivator to finish, oddly enough, has been the positive comments about my little homemade picture book that I've received here in my combox at String of Pearls.  (I may not have the most readers of all the bloggers on the Internet; but I've got the best and the sweetest, hands down!)  Several people have said that they think I should actually publish and sell the ABC Book, and that they'd buy a copy if I did.  And while I won't hold them to that, the interest they've shown has helped to inspire me to complete the project while my grandchildren are still in the right age bracket to enjoy it.

So here are the T's.  (10 letters down, only 16 left to go!)


Aside from encouragement from readers to keep working on the ABC Book, I can't tell you the number of blessings that have been showered upon me by this little old blog of mine.  Some of the people who have stopped by here over the past four-plus years have enriched my life in ways that I never could have imagined before I took the plunge and set up shop in the Catholic blogosphere.

One of them is Erin, an Australian blogger (a homeschooling mom of TEN!).  She was on Goodreads recently and saw a comment about Finding Grace in a Catholic fiction discussion about the "most underrated Catholic books."  She took time out of her busy life to send me this email:
 
Laura
go read comment no 9
you get a rave:)
Erin

The comment Erin saw actually came from another longtime online friend of mine, Catholic author Amy M. Bennett, someone I never would have "met" (and become Facebook friends with) if she hadn't read Finding Grace...which she never would have heard of, if not for her connection to blogger Therese Heckenkamp, whom I had contacted to see if she would post some information about Finding Grace on her Catholic fiction website, and with whom I have been corresponding for years now...and so on and so on.  It's like a ripple effect!  There are so many interconnections.

I find it truly amazing that this extraordinary world has been opened up to me.  The Internet--and for me especially, blogging--has certainly made it possible to "meet" people I never would have otherwise had the opportunity to know.  That's why even though it's become harder for me to post here as frequently as I used to, I am determined to keep this blog up and running.  Who knows how many new friends are out there, just waiting for me to find them?

Okay, I'll be posting pages for another finished letter before you know it.  I mean it.  No kidding.

And have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. By the way, did you notice how I snuck in that toad in the corner? I know my brilliant grandchildren will figure out that it's there because toad starts with T!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing out loud at your comment about commenting on your own blog. Not at ALL "pathetic." It's FUN!!

    I reeeeally want to buy a copy of this ABC book for my grandchildren, especially for the one who's a week old :). Maybe it will be on sale by his first birthday?? Your drawings are AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your newest grandchild, Nancy! Isn't being a grandma the best? And if he is a week old now, I'm going to be really mad at myself if I don't have it done by the time he turns one! The new deadline I've given myself is May, so I can have it printed up in June.

      My crazy husband just might agree to paying the publishing costs for it, if I want to make it into a "real" book. But at the very least, I can try to turn it into a Shutterfly book or something like that.

      You're one of the kind readers who encourages me to keep with it, so thanks for that!

      Delete
  3. I think these pages look great and I am not just saying it. You can never have too many ABC books and we'll buy a copy over here when it's done!

    ReplyDelete