Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Yippeeee! The E's are finished!

I've just completed the E pages for that ABC Book I'm working on for my grandchildren.  As you can see, this elephant is filled with Easter spirit.

 
 
I love elephants, don't you?  There is something so sweet and cute about them.  My granddaughters surely love them, too, which doesn't surprise me a bit--because their daddy went through a serious Dumbo phase when he was about their age.  So no ABC book would ever be complete if there was not an "E is for elephant" component to it.

I'm not quite sure why I put the arrows on that page.  I didn't do it on any of the previous pages, knowing that my girls are plenty smart enough to pick out the objects on their own.  (They're Mensa-like.  Seriously.  No Grammy bragging going on here.)  But since I felt the need to point out the egg and the ears on that page, I decided to have the lass on the next page pointing to her elbow.
 

For the first time since I started this project a couple of years ago, I am exceedingly motivated to finish.  For the longest time, I was in extreme procrastination mode; but now when I complete one page, I can hardly wait to get to work on another.

But the ABC Book will have to be put on hold for the next week-and-a-half or so, because today I'm flying down to NYC and meeting up with my husband (who's returning from a trip to London).  Then we'll fly together from the Big Apple down to VA, to spend Easter with son #3 and his bride...and then it's on to WI to pick up our oldest son's second car and drive it down to his new home in MI, where he and his family are moving the day after Easter.  So...at the end of all those travels, we'll get to spend some time with our three granddaughters.  Yippeeee!   And I'm sure just being with them will get me even more excited to keep working on this project once we return home.

Well, time to pack.  Have a blessed Easter, and I'll see you next week.

9 comments:

  1. I love reading updates about your ABC book. Your drawings are beautiful. Have a happy Easter and safe travels. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. I haven't had much access to the Internet lately, so this is belated--but Happy Easter to you, too!

      Delete
  2. Love the "E" page. Happy Easter and have fun with the boys and girls!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a great Easter. We've had such a good trip--first to VA, then to WI, and finally ending up in MI! S and R's new house is wonderful--or it will be, once they get through all the boxes!

      Delete
  3. Love your drawings, Laura! Can't wait till the book is finished. Happy Easter and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner! Thanks for your nice comment--and I hope you had a Happy Easter as well. :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Easter! I just adore all the pages you've posted already. If you ever decide to sell the prints in a book, I would preorder it in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! I'm working with this website called Mixit to have this printed out as a book for my grandkids. I know when you make Shutterfly books, other people can order them. Maybe it will be the same with this site. (I have no idea how expensive that's going to be, though.)

      Now if only I can finish this project before my grandchildren are too old to enjoy it!

      Delete
    2. That sounds wonderful. I would love to order it through that website when the time comes. Each page is just so beautiful; I'm sure your grandchildren will cherish it forever! :)

      Delete