Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve Preparations

I love preparing for holiday dinners!  I've been setting the dining room table for our Christmas Eve dinner, which is a traditional Pearl celebration involving pizza, sweets, sparkling grape juice, and Christmas crackers.  (Don't worry, for Christmas dinner, we'll have something a little more high end: filet mignon and mashed potatoes.  Maybe even some real wine!)

I think the place settings look so lovely--and I can't wait until we're all sitting around the table, pulling the tabs on our crackers to make them pop, putting on the tacky paper crowns, reading the awful jokes and riddles aloud to each other, and oohing and awwing over the cheap little trinkets we find inside.  I read recently that it's part of the tradition of Christmas crackers that the jokes are corny and terrible, but that's all part of the fun.  They are definitely corny and terrible...but they do make us laugh.
I hope you are enjoying your time with your family and loved ones.  The Pearl house is a happy place right now, and I'm pretty much in Heaven!

God bless you and yours on this wonderful Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment