Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Show Some Respect for Those Show Horses!

This afternoon, while my husband, my youngest son, and I were driving back from a quick trip to Upstate NY (where we'd spent some time at my husband's boyhood home and also had a nice visit with my parents and my baby sister and her husband), we saw this truck up ahead of us on the highway.

My husband was getting ready to pass it, but he made sure I'd read the sign on the back before he did.  It made us chuckle, because it reminded us of a routine that one of our favorite comedians, Brian Regan, does about trucks with warning signs like these on them.

If you are a member of the Pearl family, you know most of Brian Regan's routines by heart.  But if you are one of the so-far-uninitiated, I thought I'd post a short YouTube video for your viewing pleasure.  I tried to find one that just had the Show Horses bit, but this was the best I could do.  So this 8-minute video includes three of his routines: Hotel Elevator, Show Horses, and Donut Lady.

Funny stuff, huh?  We love Brian Regan!  And he's got to be the cleanest stand-up comedian around.  In fact, we read that he'd made a commitment to keeping his material family-friendly, which it most definitely is.  You could bring a five-year-old to one of Regan's shows; you would both find him amusing, and you wouldn't have to worry about your little one being exposed to any F-bombs or inappropriate jokes.

Before today, I'd never seen a truck carrying show horses.  There's a first time for everything, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment