I was recently scrolling my Substack feed (this is my new much-too-addictive time-suck, and I fear that I'll have to delete it, like I've deleted all the other social media sites that got to be too much), and I saw this fascinating post.
This explains a lot, doesn't it? That bond between mother and child is an extraordinary thing. It's almost like having your very heart living outside your body. It's painful sometimes, for life is so very fragile and the world can be a scary place. A mother's heart dies a thousand deaths, worrying about her babies. But it's such a gift, to know that kind of love. It's hard to imagine a love more profound. And how incredible that we women were given that wondrous privilege: to be the ones who are co-creators, with God Himself, of human life. I have five sons, all giants when I stand next to them now, and incredibly--through a miracle so awesome it could only come from God--their first home was in me. I am often brought to tears by this knowledge. I love them more than my life! And I love the idea that after they were born and started their own lives out in the world, separated from the mama who bore them, they might have left some of their cells behind in me. I carry those boys with me always!
Dear readers, I'd like to ask you to please keep two of our sons and their wives in your prayers. Sadly, two of our daughters-in-law recently miscarried babies in their first trimesters (this would have been the 8th child for one couple and the 6th for the other). These precious wee ones join the nine other tiny Pearls who left this world too soon, before we ever had a chance to meet them, and with whom we hope to be reunited in the next life. Without Faith--without the belief that God always knows what's best for us, even when our human brains are incapable of understanding why things happen the way they do--life would be unbearable sometimes. There is so much sadness to endure here in the Valley of Tears. But how comforting to think that those little ones left a bit of themselves behind in their mothers, and those sweet babies will be a part of them for the rest of their lives.
God is so good. All the time.


No comments:
Post a Comment