Friday, April 19, 2019

Good Friday 2019


The dripping blood our only drink,
The bloody flesh our only food:
In spite of which we like to think
That we are sound, substantial flesh and blood--
Again, in spite of that, we call this Friday good.
--T. S. Eliot

I will always think of having the opportunity to stand so near Michelangelo's original 
"Pieta," during our trip to Rome in March, as one of the greatest privileges of my life.

On this day every year, I think about the promise that Our Lord made to St. Dismas, the "Good Thief," when they were hanging side by side and that poor sinner implored, "Jesus, remember me, when you come into your kingdom."  Imagine being told by Jesus Himself, "Today you will be with me in Paradise." 

There is hope for every one of us, then, isn't there?  And all because of what happened on this Friday that we call Good.

1 comment: